Frequently Asked Questions about Pledging at UUFEC
What is a pledge?
A pledge is a statement of intent that you plan to donate a certain amount of money to UUFEC during the Fellowship year that runs May 2018 – April 2019. Your pledge is not legally binding. If your circumstances change, you may increase or decrease you pledge by informing the Fellowship office.
I volunteer a lot. Do I still need to pledge?
Volunteering is essential, as is financial support. We ask you to be as thoughtful and generous as you can with both. It is not either or. You will gain the most, and we will grow together, with both.
Instead of making a pledge, is giving cash in the plate ok?
In order for our leaders to plan for the coming year, we need to budget responsibly. That responsible budget is built using your financial commitment, so please communicate your intention with a commitment card.
How and when can I make a pledge to the 2016-17 Annual Budget Drive?
- We will mail a commitment card to you, or you can pick one up at the Fellowship office, or at the UUFEC website.
- Approach anyone on the Stewardship Team — we want to make it easy for you.
- Complete a pledge card and return it to the Fellowship office. We can do it over the phone.
- Send an email to email@example.com and we will help you.
- Please make your pledge during the period now thru March 18, 2018. We need a timely response so we can prepare the budget for next year and don’t want to bother people with reminders after the drive is over!
How do I pay my pledge?
You will start paying toward this commitment on May 1, 2018 and will have until April 30, 2019 to complete it. You can make your payments however you wish: weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually.
- You may pay by check, or cash in a donation envelope.
- You may include your pledge payment in the Sunday offering plate, mail them to the church, or drop them off at the Fellowship office.
- You may also make a tax-wise gift of appreciated stock, Donor Advised Fund, or other charitable instrument. If you need more information about ways to give, we would be glad to help.